REAL

Wow! Thanks everyone for your REAL posts. It's been fun to see into the nitty-gritty (lol). Anyway, I just want to clarify a bit. As I've been reading through many of your blogs, it seems my intent might have been a bit misunderstood. My intention is not to compare tragic stories or to see who has the worst temper. I don't want to belittle those who aren't facing major trials at this season of life... I just want to be aware of those around me. We are sisters in the Lord and we have been called to bear one another's burdens. To weep with those who weep and to share in each others joy. I don't believe that you're being fake if you're greatful for your life, children, health, marriage. Those are things to rejoice in, not to defend. As we rejoice with each other, we can also be aware of those, in our midst, that are struggling to make it through each day. I sensed a little division on the topic, so I just wanted to clarify.

Comments

Catherine said…
Jess, I wanted to comment on your first "REAL" post. I love it. I know we've spoken about this many, many times - I know how close the subject is to your heart. I know your desire is for all people to be a bit more aware and sensitive of people who may be suffering around them. I think it's a great message we all need to hear - whether we're doing ok or whether we're struggling...

I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world - it's such a great forum to share thoughts - both funny and serious. Plus, I love being able to see what you've been up to :) Keep at it, girl!

C
Jessica Rockey said…
Thanks Cath! We need to have an arrested developement night soon. Are you busy on Oct. 28? It's a sunday afternoon... I'm planning a very merry unbirthday.
Love you friend!
Michelle said…
Yes, you are a great friend who I've always been able to be REAL with. Thanks friend!

Here's a little article that touches the topic:
http://www.ungrind.org/2007/10/serve-like-you-.html
By one of our very close friends no less...
bEka said…
i want to come to A.D. night! Let me know
Judy said…
I am actually not REAL at all, I'm a robot.
Catherine said…
Yes, Jess! A.D. night. It's written on my calender. Oct 28th.

Judy's a robot? Cool.

Popular Posts